1964 VOLKSWAGEN KARMANN GHIA RESTORATION

• SapphireEyes
  • 1964 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia

1964 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia

This is everything I know about this car--
1964 Volkswagen Carmann-Ghia Coupe
(For Restoration)
all original and complete. Needs $754 of sheet metal, upholstery and floor pans to restore. Reduced $1295
I would really like to buy this car and restore it, I really love classic cars. However, I'm wondering if " all complete" means I can drive it before I restore it and it just won't be " gorgeous". It would be nice to use it to get it to the mechanic and parts places. Thanks!

Tuesday, August 11th, 2009 AT 3:54 AM

• mhpautos

Hi there,

They may say complete. But it may not go, have any brakes, there may be electrical problems, who knows, classic restorations is something I do professionally and believe me I would be very surprised if this car is anything but a full restoration, the only way you may find safe to get it about is on a trailer, you just have to get some one who knows to inspect this car first hand or you may be buying a very expensive mistake, be very cautious.

Tuesday, August 11th, 2009 AT 4:31 AM