CAR ONLY RUNS WHEN DRY OUT AND IF WET

2003 Volkswagen Jetta

thesignguy1986

February, 27, 2010 AT 3:50 PM

2003 Volkswagen Jetta 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 152324 miles

I have an 03 Jetta that when its wet and moist out it runs extremely rough and sometimes won't start. But when it is dry out it is quiet, nice, and runs how its suupose to. The battery also drains when left hooked up unless its nice out as well. In need of some help asap because as of now I have no vehicle. The motor and tranny are all good and replaced though and the coil pack is also good I was told. I was told it would have to be electrical ground wiring somewhere needs replaced but don't know. PLEASE HELP

fl4tout

May, 14, 2010 AT 9:12 PM

Well I have a 97 jetta doing the exact same thing and after checking everything very throughly I found it to actually be the ignition coil having a hairline crack in it. And as for fixing it I covered the coil in silicone making sure to keep it away from all connections and just doing the housing. Now the car starts everytime and runs perfect even when its pouring rain. I hope this helps

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/527552_temp_2.jpg

Ignition Coil Replacement Ford Taurus
Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars
Ignition System Test Guide