2006 Volkswagen Fox Pedal Box Replacement

REDMEN1990
  • 2006 VOLKSWAGEN FOX
Brakes problem
2006 Volkswagen Fox 4 cyl Manual 50000 miles

Hi
A bracket snapped off the pedal box on my fox. VW replaced the complete pedal box part, but since they have returned the vehichle to me, the steering is not right and is pulling to one side. Is this something that could occur when they change the pedal box?
Monday, September 6th, 2010 AT 6:32 AM

MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

I think that they may have had to remove the steering column, I would report this fault and add that it is only since their repair work it has been a problem.

Monday, September 6th, 2010 AT 6:38 AM
REDMEN1990
Thanks. I rang earlier and they said it was nothing to do with the new part being put in and that it must have happened before or since and that I would have to pay 40 diagnostic charge and 177 to fix if an error is shown.
I feel like they are trying it on - the original job was done as a good will gesture because they messed up big time when ordering the new part so I feel like they are trying it on and trying to recoup some cost.
What you think?
Monday, September 6th, 2010 AT 7:03 AM
MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

I would ring a different dealer and confirm if the steering column has to be removed to replace the pedal box, if so, you may have them cold.

Monday, September 6th, 2010 AT 7:12 AM

Sponsored links