2003 VAUXHALL ZAFIRA CHANGING BRAKE PADS AND DISCS

• Susannesolas
  • 2003 Vauxhall Zafira

Brakes problem
2003 Vauxhall Zafira 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 56.000 miles

Could you please tell me in changing brakepasds/discs is it advisable to change back and front, all round at same time. The reason I ask is that a local garage suggested that I needed to change the brakes and discs on the back of my car but did not need to change front only back. Feel a bit confused because I had always understood that front brake pads wore faster than back ones and if needed to be changed to always change all brake pads at same time. Never to just change one or two to allways replace al round and same with tyres. Apreciate any help/advice you can give. Kind Regards. Susanne.X

Sunday, May 10th, 2009 AT 11:30 AM

• Dave H

You are correct the front do wear quicker than the rear generally ... but it is not necassary to change all wheels at the same time ... it is best to change the fronts together or the rears together .. your garage must have thought the fronts are still good till the next service and is therefore saving you money ..

hope this helps

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_684.png

Monday, May 11th, 2009 AT 5:19 AM