RATTLING

Vauxhall

steffy

July, 25, 2006 AT 10:31 AM

I recently took my car for its mot and I needed a new exhaust and clamp as the old one had excessively deteriorated from the previous owner. Since I have had the new exhaust and clamp fitted it has started to make a rattling/vibrating noise, it sounds like it is coming from the exhaust area. I am not good with cars and have little knowledge about them? Does it sound like the problem is with the exhaust? Please reply in simple terms as I am a female without a clue. I'm scared of driving the car as it feels like something is dragging along the floor (the noise it is making)

masterviperuk

October, 19, 2006 AT 6:39 AM

From what you have stated it sounds as though the problem is more then likely to be fom the exhaust that has been fitted. My recommendations would be ever get under the motor and have a look to see if the exhaust clamp has come lose, if not look to see if the exhaust is touching the body. If all this appears to be good i'd take teh vechile back to the dealer that supplied the exhaust system.

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Brake Pad/rotor Replacement - Front
Serpentine Belt Replacement