MY VALVES HAVE SIEZED :-(

1982 Vauxhall

the repair lady

May, 24, 2010 AT 11:04 PM

1982 Other Vauxhall Models 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 48000 miles

I have a Bedford Rascal Motorhome which we have driven all over Europe many times, 3 years ago I took the engine out to recondition it with new pistons etc. But I have only just now got round to looking at it and I've found that two of the valves are completely rusted shut. Do you have any advise on how I may be able to free them?
Thank you wendy -the-repair-lady

4 Wheel Drive

1 ANSWER

mhpautos

May, 24, 2010 AT 11:07 PM

Hi there, the only way to fix this correctly is to remove the head and ream out the vale guides, other wise they will bind up again even if the engine is running,

the repair lady

May, 24, 2010 AT 11:28 PM

Wow that was a real fast reply Thank you. I have already removed the head I'm not too sure on how to ream out the valve guides, I have taken some pictures of the state of my engine but, I'll have to get my husband to upload them for me in the morning.

mhpautos

May, 24, 2010 AT 11:48 PM

You will need to give the head to a automotive machinist, they will have the specialist equipment to do this for you.

Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
CV Axle Replacement
Axle Seal Replacement