ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSYTEM

1999 Vauxhall Fronterra

karen shiner

January, 30, 2009 AT 5:34 AM

1999 Vauxhall Fronterra 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual

my 2.2 ltr diesel frontera everytime you dirve a short distance the rev counter stops all of a sudden and then the engine management light comes on the car then goes into what I can only describe as tickover mode chugging a long very slow occasionally stalling but you are able to restart it in a few moments reading a manual it seems to appear that the diesel fule pump is the problem but could it be electrical instead, if we wanted to change the pump ourselves would this be an easy job?

Jack42

January, 30, 2009 AT 8:10 AM

If the tachometer (rev counter) is going dead, the computer wont know how to help manage fuel, thus the check engine light (engine management). You need to have the computer scanned for codes, this will lead towards the fix for your car, sounds like it may be a cam or crank angle sensor, but a scan will tell for sure