TROUBLE STARTING

2011 Toyota Corolla

Tarascar

May, 10, 2013 AT 9:52 PM

I went to start my car. The car made three 1 second noises like it was trying to start. At the same time all the dashboard lights flashed on and the speedometer and odometer went all the way to their left then the car died. Did this three times. The forth time it started.

Tarascar

May, 10, 2013 AT 10:00 PM

I meant to say all the way to the right like I was going 100mph

May, 11, 2013 AT 4:21 AM

It could be a bad connection at the battery. Could be a dead spot in the starter motor as well.

When it starts, is it ok and runs good?

Have the battery load tested

Tarascar

May, 11, 2013 AT 11:56 AM

It hasn't happened since yesterday morning now and has been running normal. After it started and did not die it ran without issue. We took it to the Toyota dealership and they ran a bunch of tests and could find nothing wrong. I was worried this would happen as I googled this and found others with this problem and the mechanics didn't see a problem. I couldn't find anything about what was causing it either. Some reported it happened randomly while others it was just once and after they messed with the battery it never did it again.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement