Transmission not responding

BLESSING EWOBOR
  • 2004 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER
Hello, the vehicle's transmission will not shift properly and it has some issues before. The owner had replaced it 2 years ago. This year it started some issues.
Sunday, May 9th, 2021 AT 2:01 PM

BLESSING EWOBOR
The owner is planning of replacing it with 10 pins Transmission instead of the 13 pin (electrical wires) that is designed with the vehicle. He wants to it because the 10 pins transmission is quite cheap compared to the 13 pins.
What could be the consequences of doing this?
And I was told that during the process of the conversion the PCM will be replaced too.
Sunday, May 9th, 2021 AT 2:14 PM
ASEMASTER6371
Good evening,

I would not do this repair. If it had 13 pins, the replacement must have 13 pins. There is no adapting this to a 10 pin system.

If you tried or he tried, it will not function correctly. Do the job correctly. Otherwise, you will be living with this repair until it is done correctly. The fact it is more expensive is not your issue. Your job is to install the correct unit for it to work properly.

Sunday, May 9th, 2021 AT 7:31 PM
BLESSING EWOBOR
Thank you very much sir.
I will do the needful.
Sunday, May 9th, 2021 AT 8:57 PM
ASEMASTER6371
You are welcome, my friend.

Always glad to help.

Sunday, May 9th, 2021 AT 9:01 PM

Sponsored links