Hi and thanks for starting a new thread. It's appreciated.
Have you had the computer scanned to identify trouble codes? I ask because it can be a few different things.
What I am starting to see more often is the OD servo clip is breaking. To access it, you have to remove the transmission pan and then the valve body. I found two great pics that show where and what. Now, I can't be certain this is the issue, that is why we should have the computer scanned. If there are codes, I will be better able to determine if this could be it. However, I will tell you that I have now seen this issue three times. When the vehicle should shift to OD, it goes to neutral.
Here are the directions for removal and replacement of the servo. If you need the directions for removal and replacement of the pan and valve body, let me know. This component is on the underside of the valve body. Of course they couldn't make it simple. LOL The remaining pics correlate with the directions.
2006 Ford Truck Expedition 2WD V8-5.4L VIN 5
Vehicle Transmission and Drivetrain Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Band Apply Servo Service and Repair Procedures Overdrive Servo
4R70E/4R75E Automatic Transmission
1. With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist.
2. Remove the main control valve body.
3. NOTE: If the tool is not available, extreme care must be taken. Spring pressure will force overdrive servo piston assembly out of case. Case bore damage may result from trying to pry on overdrive servo internal retaining ring.
Using the special tool, compress the servo spring to remove the overdrive servo retaining ring.
4. Remove the overdrive servo piston and return spring.
1. Install the overdrive servo piston assembly.
1 Install the overdrive servo piston return spring.
2 Install the overdrive servo piston assembly.
2. Use the special tool to install the overdrive servo piston retaining ring.
If possible, let me know if you can have the computer scanned. I don't want to put you through this if it isn't necessary.
Let me know.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Saturday, February 22nd, 2020 AT 6:32 PM