CAR RUNS FINE, BUT WON'T START ONCE I TU

1987 Toyota Tarago

Lamamu

May, 16, 2010 AT 8:48 PM

1987 Toyota Tarago 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

my car runs fine, will start with no problems, but once I turn it off, it wont start again for 30-60 minutes. After that amount of time, it will start with no problems. It tries to start, it just doesnt catch. Please help

May, 17, 2010 AT 12:19 AM

Next time it refuses to start don't wait do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem.

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe