1988 TOYOTA SUPRA ENGINE IDLE

• earl indian
  • 1988 Toyota Supra

1988 Toyota Supra 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

engine idle at 1000 rpm up to 2000 down to 1000 back up to 2000 unstable I changed the oil washed the motor have not been able to correct the idle impossible to drive have drided everything out it has been a month have blown with compress air every hose going in to throttle body no blockage I think

1988 Toyota Supra

Updated this is for Bob & Ken you said to remove the idle air control valve in my repair manual it is called a idle speed control valve (isc)
i hope this is the same thing I did remove it from the vehicle and cleaned it I also tested the throttle position sensor and airflow meter which are in repair manual specs what next

Wednesday, November 26th, 2008 AT 1:16 PM

• rasmataz

For a start remove the idle air control valve and clean it out-Test the throttle position sensor and airflow meter using the repair manual specs then comeback with results this is where we start to find this culprit.

Wednesday, November 26th, 2008 AT 3:20 PM
  • rasmataz

When was the last time you had it tune-up?

Check the fuel pressure with and w/o the pressure regulator, PCV and EGR valves and vacuum leaks-Test the oxygen sensor and fuel injector/s

Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 AT 12:37 PM
  • rasmataz

If above checks out could be the idle air control valve itself even if its cleaned out if it continues to surge-

Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 AT 12:48 PM