Dashboard lights all out

LWHIELDON
  • 2005 TOYOTA SIENNA

Six cylinder two wheel drive automatic 68,000 miles.

The evening after my two year old was climbing in the car, all interior lights/dashboard lights were out. I would have assumed a fuse had gone out if he was not in there earlier. I later learned that he had turned the "trip odometer" which doubles as a dimmer. So, the solution to no lights inside the vehicle was to turn the trip odometer. Always Google your car model and problem before going to the dealer.

Saturday, July 5th, 2008 AT 11:56 AM

NDPOTATO

Wow, this was so very helpful. Thank you so much for posting this! I did "Google" it first, and I am so glad I did. Same situation, my kids were messing around in the car and then the dash lights weren't working. Amazing. I just knew it had to be something they did, but, of course, I could not undo the curiosity of my children. What they do intuitively, I have to figure out with laborious thought.

+10
Wednesday, June 27th, 2012 AT 4:32 AM
JACQELLE

You are a lifesaver! I got a car wash and they must have touched that dial and turned off the lights. That was during the day so I did not notice it until the next night when I was driving in a totally dark car. I thought I would have to bring my car to the dealer to take care of my fried dashboard, then I did a Google search on it and found your post. Thank you so much!

+8
Wednesday, February 26th, 2014 AT 7:05 PM