TOW PREP PACKAGE

Toyota Rav4

ptwilliamson

April, 2, 2006 AT 5:43 PM

Hello. I recently bought a 2006 RAV4 V-6 that the dealer repeatedly told us came with the tow prep package (includes upgraded 150A alternator, upgraded fan, upgraded fan coupling, and a prewire harness). However, after signing we realized it didn't have the package per the window sticker that was folded in the glove box. Upon returning to the dealer, he wants them to try to install it. I'm nervous because I have contacted Toyota Corporate and they said it is only a factory installed option (ie the dealer technicians don't have any experience adding this tow package on this newly remodeled SUV). This may be a vague question, but would a tow package like this be an easy install for a dealer? I'm worried about them possibly taking short cuts and not upgrading the appropriate wiring/connectors with the new alternator, etc. Thanks for any help you can give.

Sincerely,
ptwilliamson

losone

April, 2, 2006 AT 6:15 PM

The tow additions are bolt on items and can be installed by qualified dealer. I had a similiar problem with fog lights on my new 06 Tacoma. The weren't prewired but the they made the install anyway. Toyota dealerships won't get in over their head just make sure they show you all of the added compontenst including the bigger radiator, alternator etc. I woud look at a RAV 4 that is eauiped so you can make a comparison. Let me know

Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford Focus
Front Pad-Rotor Replacement Subaru Legacy
Coolant Drain and Refill Chevrolet Tahoe
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Escape
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions