2007 Toyota Rav4 Engine trouble code

DESTRA
  • 2007 TOYOTA RAV4
I have a 2007 Toyota Rav 4, 2.4L car giving engine trouble code P1589 "Acceleration sensor learning value".
Thursday, July 30th, 2009 AT 11:19 AM

KHLOW2008
Hi Destra,

Thank you for the donation.

Sorry to say I am not able to locate any information for the code mentioned in the DTC list of our database.

Apart from the trouble code, what are the symptoms associated with it?
What scanner did you use?
I believe vehicle should be under warranty as it is a 2007 model, did you send it back to the dealer?

Since vehicle is a 2007 models, some trouble codes are not availble to non Toyota Service and it might not be easy to get the required information.
+2
Thursday, July 30th, 2009 AT 2:01 PM
DESTRA
Thanks. I neglected to say that this is a Singapore domestic model that I imported to Jamaica, so the code may be different for that region. The acceleration is a bit excessive if anything with light pedal pressure leading to a very fast reaction. Also, it idles poorly (slight missing).
Thursday, July 30th, 2009 AT 3:27 PM
KHLOW2008
After much digging around, I could only come up with the following description. Was not able to get any info or data for testing or rectification.

P1589 TCU Unable to control desired throttle angle.

Our database do not have this trouble code and there is a possibility the scanners used are not able to provide the correct trouble code as this code is a manufacturer controlled code.

Your best option would to get on a Toyota scanner to verify if the code is as specified. They might retrieve a different trouble code.
Friday, July 31st, 2009 AT 9:26 AM