NO 12 VOLTS AT COLD SENSOR OR FUEL INJECTORS...

• sean1073
  • 2012 Toyota Pickup

Hi.I have a toyota truck.2wd.1992.170+ miles. Reg cab. Stick. What the prob. Is it wont start.I check for 12 volts and not geting any at the fuel injectors or cold sensor. But if I put a 12 volt generator at the cold start injector the one on top of the throttle body. It would run. But then die when I could not keep up with the timing! I replaced the O2 sensor and the fuel pump three times and the battery. Now some one on justanswers. Com said it might be the electronic starter relay and gave a schmatic and it shows the injectors coming off the relay. But is that true and could it be something else before I pay them. Can you help? Thanks sean

Tuesday, April 18th, 2006 AT 10:47 PM

• losone

Sean, it is a good idea to ALWAYS go back to basics when trying to solve a problem like you have and not replace a lot of parts. Before you do anything check ALL fuses.

The power to the injectors come directly from the ignition switch on a red/black wire. It is a separate portion of the switch that is fed 12V from fuse AM-2. It is either one of the following.

1 Bad fuse
2. Bad ignition sw (rare)
3. Broken connection where the wires split to go to the ignitor. Check the red/black wire on the ignitor. If that has 12V then the problem is the connection where 4 wires are connected. If not the problem is either the switch or the fuse.

Good luck

Wednesday, April 19th, 2006 AT 5:55 PM
  • sean1073

Thanks for your help and I will try this way. Again thanks. Sean

Wednesday, April 19th, 2006 AT 7:59 PM