4X4 4 CYLINDER 140000 MILES

1991 Toyota Pickup

Wes 34

February, 11, 2007 AT 8:12 PM

The truck set up for about a year. When I tried to start it would not start. The fuel pump is not getting any fire to it. I can run a hot wire to it and it will start. The only fuses I can find are marked EFI one is a relay the other a 15 amp fuse the both are ok. Is there something else I can check? I cannot find a break in the wire I have traced into to the firewall from the pump forward I lose it after that. Please help!

February, 12, 2007 AT 4:24 AM

Try this get a small jumper wire find the diagnostic check connector jump Batt and Fp together-does the truck starts. Comeback am not done.

Wes 34

February, 13, 2007 AT 2:39 PM

Tried that Nothing the fuse marked engine in the truck is dead also

February, 13, 2007 AT 4:16 PM

The engine fuse powers the ignition circuit/fuel injectors -you got to find what caused it to popped. Repalce it-does it blow?

About your power to the pump it has to go thru the circuit opening relay than thru the MAF meter Fc circuit than to the pump.

Also check whether it has a fuel pump relay/something Toys don't have it.

HTH-Good Luck!

Wes 34

February, 13, 2007 AT 11:41 PM

The fuse was not blowed there is not any power to it
the relay is hot the EFI fuse is hot. Could a bad ignition cause this?

February, 14, 2007 AT 12:43 AM

At the engine compartment positive cable look for the power distribution box-inspect all those little square boxes fusible links-then comeback

No power there-the igntion system is dead/injectors.

Try this at the coil-connect a wire to the positive terminal and take it straight to the positive term. Of the battery. Now go try and attempt to start the p/up.

Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Wheel Bearing Hub Replacement
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Mount Replacement - RWD Cars