ROUGH IDLE AND HARD START WHEN WARM

1988 Toyota Pickup

88toyotadeluxe

Engine problem
1988 Toyota Pickup 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 258000 miles

Motor was replaced last year. Truck idles rough and misses at steady throttle after it has warmed up if I can get it started. Starts and runs fine when cold (closed loop). I been watching fuel pressure during these episodes seems to maintain around 46 p.S.I, although I do not get fuel pressure with key on engine off (prime) as per the manual. Also if it's cranked enough it will occasionally catch and start. I've found that by removing 1 of the injector wires it will start right up just on 5 cylinders. At this point I am leaning towards a bad MAF since the problem only occurs when the engine is warm But I'm not certain.

toyotadog

February, 10, 2008 AT 9:48 PM

Maybe try your idle sensorand try changing the plugs if it missesif it is idleing to low then sometimes it will knock and if it idles a little hight it is a bit rough but that an easy fix.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Cylinder Head Valve Job Guide
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20