RADIATOR COOLING FANS. CAR RUNNING HOT.

Toyota Corolla

leonivette

April, 5, 2007 AT 5:47 PM

I just got a 1998 toyota corolla 1.8 L. It is running hot. The fans are not coming on. I did some research and tried the air conditioning and the fans come on with the air on. After more research I disconnected the switch on the themostat housing and the fans came on without the air being on so I assumed the switch was bad and replaced it, $85.00 It did not take care of the problem fans still do not work. I have since checked the top and bottom radiator hoses while it is running and both are hot.
Any Ideas? E-mail - OhDucHntr@aol. Com
Thanks.

April, 6, 2007 AT 5:41 AM

Check the 15amp ECU fuse and R1 radiator fan relay and water temp. Switch

leonivette

April, 6, 2007 AT 6:58 PM

Check the 15amp ECU fuse and R1 radiator fan relay and water temp. Switch[/quote: 0f570e5c73]

Hi Rasmataz : )

Thanks for responding. I have already changed the switch, $85.00 Next, I have my toyota book showing fuses ; Engine compartment - 1. A/C 7.5 amp: air conditioning, electric cooling fan.
Engine compartment - 2. CDS 30 amp: electric cooling fan.
Instrument panel - 3. ECU-IG 10 amp: starting system, electric cooling fan, automatic transmission shift lock system, anti lock brakes, cruise control.
Engine compartment - 4. RDI 30 amp: electric cooling fan.

Is there a way to test the relay you mentioned?

Thanks, Ohduchntr@aol. Com

April, 7, 2007 AT 1:41 AM

Yup! There's a diagram on it that shows you the switch and coil side-at the switch side you should have no continuity and at the coil-you should have continuity

Connect power to one side of the coil and the other side to ground-now the switch should have continuity-meaning it should transfer power to components when it has power on one side.

That's aLL for now-you're breaking my brain and tommorrow is roger rabbit's day and I need to complete my doctor's call at other forums in this site.

Catch you later-keep posting am watching

Happy Easter

Check the 15amp ECU fuse and R1 radiator fan relay and water temp. Switch[/quote: a421559f22]

Hi Rasmataz : )

Thanks, Ohduchntr@aol. Com[/quote: a421559f22]

I messed-up look above how totest the relay

Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chrysler PT
Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chevrolet