JUST BOUGHT A GT-S AND ITS WHACKY

1990 Toyota Corolla

daggs

May, 9, 2006 AT 12:20 PM

I have a 1990 corolla gt-s 2 door coupe its a five speed and when I am driving and trying to hold a steady speed it is really jerky and I know in standards a little is normal but if I let off the gas it slams you forward and if I hit the gas it slams you backwards HARD and it is extremely sensitive if I let off the gas at all it does this even a fraction of an inch it does this in every gear it is ridiculously bad in 1st and 2nd gear and it lessens as you gear up until it isnt that bad in 5th but it still isnt normal, I dont think and it doesnt do it in reverse

ITS 4CYLINDER FRONT WHEEL DRIVE
5 SPEED TRANNY
2 DOOR COUPE
FUEL INJECTED

THANX TO WHOEVER HELPS : D : D

losone

May, 9, 2006 AT 5:30 PM

Start with basics and do a major tune up by replacing all engine fluids and filters.

Replace the spark plugs, distributer cap, rotor and if needed wires.

While you are looking at the engine you need to check for bad motor mounts. In 1st gear let out the clutch slowely with the emergency brake on. If the motor lifts you have a bad motor mount.

daggs

May, 13, 2006 AT 3:49 PM

I checke dthe motor mounts and they seem to be in good shape the motor doesn't hardly move at all and I did a major tune up fuel filters, air filter plugs wires distributor cap rotor and I got an engine flush and my fuel system purged and my car runs a lot better and has some more juice but it still does that jerky thing also a new problem arrived now and that is that my gears are kind of sticky its hard sometimes to get it into 1st and 3rd thanx for the help

Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma