HEAD GASKET PROBLEM

Toyota Corolla

bellsen

November, 4, 2007 AT 1:25 PM

Was told about your site and thought I'd give it a try. I have a 1989 toyota corolla 1.6 4 a-f carburated auto. It has 184k on it now. The problem i'm having is blowing head gaskets. The first time was at 100k. The second was at 140k and the third was at 183k. The first repair consisted of a head rebuild and milled, new EGR, back pressure check and new radiator. It runs great with no problems or elevated guages. Gaskets have been Felpro. Just passed a smog test!

thanks for your reply.

November, 4, 2007 AT 1:33 PM

The first repair consisted of a head rebuild and milled

You need to check the cylinder head for warpage again.

Or Have it block and pressure tested-do the block first to pinpoint a combustion leaking into the cooling system or a gas analyzer to sniff for hydrocarbons at the radiator fill neck.

Pressure test: do not do a pressure test if there's leakage at the headgasket this might cause coolant into the cylinders and lock it up or bend a connecting rod if cranked thereafter. The headgasket should be repaired before doing the pressure test.

If the block and pressure test passes check the following: Thermostat, Pressure test the Rad. Cap, Clogged radiator, Fan clutch, Radiator electrical fan, collaspe hoses, water pump.

Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla