I was just reading some Toyota TSBs and found a few interesting facts. SO, before you start replacing parts that may not be needed, please read these excerpts.
1. Using the Diagnostic Tester, check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs). If P0440, P0441, P0442, P0446, and/or P0456 are present, inspect the fuel cap sealing surface on the Fuel Tank Filler Pipe Sub-assembly for corrosion.
Ã If corrosion is present, proceed to step 2.
Ã If NO corrosion is present, proceed to step 5.
2. Replace the Fuel Tank Filler Pipe Sub-assembly with the updated part.
3. Inspect the fuel cap O-ring for damage, for example, scratches or flaws on the
sealing surface. If damage is present, replace the fuel cap.
4. Run the EVAP Monitor to confirm the repair.
5. If another EVAP system fault is present, refer to TIS and diagnose the fault accordingly
For complete reading, please visit
You will need to add http:// in the front of the address.
Tuesday, June 9th, 2009 AT 12:18 AM