VE - ENGINE

2000 Toyota Corolla

vijay6549

March, 2, 2006 AT 7:01 PM

I have few problems with my 2000 Toyota Corolla VE (3 Speed automatic).

1. When I reach a speed of 60 mph or between 60 and 70, the engine gives a slightly loud noise with vibration, even I can feel the vibration on the accelerator. After 70 mph, the car runs smooth. I am not sure if this is happening at a certain RPM since there is no RPM meter in my car. But overall I feel the engine is a bit rough while accelerating and changing gears (may be gear ratos).

2. My car vibrates slightly at both idle and slight acceleration. After 10 or 15 mph, it runs smooth.

3. My steering wheel seems to be loose and for some reason while driving I feel the car is very light i.E. Not much weight.

4. Overall I feel the ride is not smooth because I feel slight vibration of the car and accelerator.

fisherman

March, 3, 2006 AT 10:01 AM

Start with alignment. And balance the tires.

vijay6549

March, 3, 2006 AT 7:43 PM

Thanks a lot for the advice. I hope wheel alignment and balancing will solve the problem.

As I said, my car even vibrates slightly at idle and I can feel the vibration even on the accelerator. While accelerating the car gives a small jerk also. Overall I feel the car is slightly rough while accelerating.

One last thing, if I press the accelerator hard and release immediately in 1 sec (i.E. If I tap the accelerator), the car tries to go forward giving a jerk (as if inertia of motion).

Please advice.

vijay6549

March, 8, 2006 AT 9:52 AM

Fisherman, Please advice

fisherman

March, 8, 2006 AT 12:04 PM

How long has been since you tuned up your car?

Spark plugs wires distibuitor cap and rotor, gas filter and air filter?

Probably the vibration its because a rough idle and the engine its vibrating because of that.

How about the check engine light?
It is on all the time or not at all?

vijay6549

March, 9, 2006 AT 2:02 PM

I bought this car few months back and I do not know when the previous owner tuned up the car.

I will check spark plugs, wires etc.

Check engine light is not on (all the time).

Major problem is the car vibrates more at a certain rpm, then becomes good after that rpm (between certain rpm I guess). I can feel the vibration (rough) even on the accelerator pedal.

mondeo mechanic

November, 16, 2010 AT 1:32 AM

Its perfectly normal its to do with the varied valve timing

Engine Class - Autoshop 101
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Toyota Tacoma
Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn Vue
Engine Oil Change and Filter Scion xD