2002 Toyota Celica speedo not working

JASONRAINS
  • 2002 TOYOTA CELICA
On my 02 celica, about 5 months ago I replaced the motor with one with only 32,000mi runs great BUT the next day the speedo started to flicker it would work then stop but always start working again within seconds. So about a month of that and it stop working all together. I have replaced the speed censor on the tranny and tried 3 dash clusters the tack works great it's only the cruse control, speedo and odometer. I have gone through every fuse twice or three times all the wiring looks good all the way back to the fuse box, I had to cut open the wire loom and still all good! Please help i'm about to take it to the dealer because the easy fix is not so easy anymore. Also every time I fill up with gas now and only when I fill up the tank the car will die within 30sec of starting? But after a start or two it runs great again.
Monday, May 24th, 2010 AT 11:01 PM

DOCFIXIT
Hi
Is there voltage on Red/Blue wire at VSS? As for fuel tank maybe faulty purge or air valve when you fill up do you stop when fill handle stops or pump a few more into tank.
Let me know
Tuesday, May 25th, 2010 AT 8:01 AM
JASONRAINS
Well the red/blue wire reads.02 the green/yellow reads.01 and the light green reads 5.21 with the key at acc and with the car running all the same but now the light green reads 5.89. Hope that helps
Tuesday, May 25th, 2010 AT 12:26 PM
DOCFIXIT
Red/blue needs 12V+ check back up light fuse #5 see if 12v present across fuse
Tuesday, May 25th, 2010 AT 12:37 PM
JASONRAINS
Ha, thats funny u ask that. My back up fuse blows every time I back up. Its the fuse inside the cab. I will c if its a light with a short and let u no.
Tuesday, May 25th, 2010 AT 1:12 PM
JASONRAINS
Ok, all I needed was alittle help. It was the back up censer on the tranny, I unpluged it and put a new fuse in and it works great. Now the fule isue. I live in oregon we dont pump r gas, I like it that way lol. But sometimes they cap it off and other times as soon as it clicks off they hang it up. This also started rite after I put in the new motor.
Tuesday, May 25th, 2010 AT 1:49 PM
DOCFIXIT
Good to hear speedo is working why TOY powered VSS off back up who knows. Fuel issue see diagram and see if the two purge hoses from engine to tank where hooked up.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/198357_Graphic_459.jpg

Wednesday, May 26th, 2010 AT 8:42 AM