SHUTTING OFF WHEN I STOP/ 175,000 MILES

1994 Toyota Camry

misce31558

August, 27, 2007 AT 10:56 AM

I bought a car and it was over heating. They fixed the head gasket and the timing belt. When I got it back from them fixing the head the check engine light was on. At first it was just idleing bad and then within a day or 2 it started stalling everytime I came to a stop. When I am driving it runs fine its just when I stop its starts idleing so low that it cuts off. Please help. I have a child with medical needs that needs to go back and forth from the hospital and cant be without a car.

August, 27, 2007 AT 5:02 PM

For a start have the EGR valve and its solenoid check. Also what is the code/s?

misce31558

August, 28, 2007 AT 7:45 AM

What do you mean by codes?

August, 28, 2007 AT 4:58 PM

The engine's computer has detected a problem, you need to have it scanned for code/s and comeback with it or get a code reader/scan tool-read it and give to us.

misce31558

August, 29, 2007 AT 7:47 AM

The only thing is the guy I bought it from has a machine to shut the check engine light off and the last time it was in the shop he brought it back to me and the check engine light was off so he must have shut it off. So I dont know if there is no light on if it can read anything.