INTERMITENT BRAKE WARNING LIGHT PROBLEM

Toyota Camry

pjssiena76

November, 4, 2007 AT 10:05 PM

I own a 2001 Toyota Camry with aprox. 75,000 miles. For aprox. 1 mos. Now my brake light will periodically go on (especially in the morning when the engine is cold), it may stay on for 15 seconds to a minute, go off, then possibly come back on in a short while. On occasion (albeit rarely) my clock has gone blank and my driver side automatic window has gone down and up very very slowly, only to both work fine the next time I start up the car. I recently replaced the battery, but that did not seem to make a difference with the brake warning light comming on then going off. Would this likely be the alternator which is going. &Amp; if not, what would be the possible cause, given these symptoms. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Pete

fisherman

November, 4, 2007 AT 10:25 PM

Hello !

Start checking the brake fluid level, also the brake pads (usually when the fluid got low its because the calipers have to travel more to get in contact with the rotor and requires more fluid)

start checking that and let us know!

Good Luck!

Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper
Brake Pads/Rotor Replacement Chevy Silverado
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement