The airbag sensor assembly is mounted on the floor inside the lower center finish panel. The airbag sensor assembly consists of an airbag sensor, safing sensor, diagnosis circuit a ignition control and drive circuit, etc. It receives signals from the airbag sensor and judges whether the SRS must be activated or not.
These are instructions from the service manual
* Never use SRS parts from another vehicle. When replacing parts, replace them with new parts.
* Never reuse the airbag sensor assembly involved in a collision when the airbag has deployed.
* Never repair a sensor in order to reuse it.
1. INSTALL AIRBAG SENSOR ASSEMBLY
Left Hand Side View
Right Hand Side View
1. Using a torx wrench, install the airbag sensor assembly with 3 screws. Torx wrench: T40 (Part No.09042-00020 or locally manufactured tool)
Torque: 20 N.m (205 kgf.cm, 15 ft.lbf)
2. Connect the airbag sensor connectors.
* Installation of the connector is done after the sensor assembly has been installed.
* Make sure the sensor assembly is installed with the specified torque.
* If the sensor assembly has been dropped, or there are cracks, dents or other defects in the case, bracket or connector, replace the sensor assembly with a new one.
* When installing the senor assembly, take care that the SRS wiring does not interfere with other parts and is not pinched between other parts.
* After installing, shake the sensor assembly to check that there is no looseness.
2. INSTALL REMOVED PARTS
Thursday, October 12th, 2017 AT 2:58 PM