PCM LOCATION?

RCHASE4
  • 1990 TOYOTA CAMRY
Computer problem
1990 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

Could you tell me where the main engine computer may be located on this vehicle?
i pulled the speedo cluster, radio, and glove box. Nothing there that I could see.

thank you, ron
Saturday, August 16th, 2008 AT 1:40 PM

KEN
The engine computer or ECM is located under the dash near the center by the drivers side. Here is a diagram (Below) so you can see where it is.

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken
+1
Thursday, October 12th, 2017 AT 2:57 PM
CORNISH
  • 1998 TOYOTA CAMRY
Computer problem
1998 Toyota Camry 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 145000 miles

Hi there, My toyota camry had an accident, and air bags are broken as well as driver side seat belt. We bought air bags and computer through online, (ebay) but cannot locate the computer in the car. Looked under seat, in the middle, everywhere, but could not locate one. Can you please let me know where the computer is located? If you could send a picture with it, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Thursday, October 12th, 2017 AT 2:58 PM (Merged)
WRENCHTECH

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/561653_Air_bag_module_98_Camry_1.gif

The airbag sensor assembly is mounted on the floor inside the lower center finish panel. The airbag sensor assembly consists of an airbag sensor, safing sensor, diagnosis circuit a ignition control and drive circuit, etc. It receives signals from the airbag sensor and judges whether the SRS must be activated or not.

These are instructions from the service manual

INSTALLATION

NOTICE:

* Never use SRS parts from another vehicle. When replacing parts, replace them with new parts.
* Never reuse the airbag sensor assembly involved in a collision when the airbag has deployed.
* Never repair a sensor in order to reuse it.

1. INSTALL AIRBAG SENSOR ASSEMBLY

Left Hand Side View

Right Hand Side View

1. Using a torx wrench, install the airbag sensor assembly with 3 screws. Torx wrench: T40 (Part No.09042-00020 or locally manufactured tool)

Torque: 20 N.m (205 kgf.cm, 15 ft.lbf)

2. Connect the airbag sensor connectors.

NOTICE:

* Installation of the connector is done after the sensor assembly has been installed.
* Make sure the sensor assembly is installed with the specified torque.
* If the sensor assembly has been dropped, or there are cracks, dents or other defects in the case, bracket or connector, replace the sensor assembly with a new one.
* When installing the senor assembly, take care that the SRS wiring does not interfere with other parts and is not pinched between other parts.
* After installing, shake the sensor assembly to check that there is no looseness.

2. INSTALL REMOVED PARTS
YBOJORQUEZ
  • 2001 TOYOTA CAMRY
Computer problem
2001 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

can you tell me were the computer is located?
+1
KHLOW2008
Hi ybojorquez,

You can find it under the radio behind the centre console mounted on the centre arch of the chassis.