STRUT

1998 Toyota Avalon

brian500

August, 1, 2008 AT 9:50 PM

Noises problem
1998 Toyota Avalon 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 88,000 miles

My car is making a noise on the right side behind the back seat. I think it is the strut. I can't figure how to pop out the back seat to check

jerrysp

August, 5, 2008 AT 7:00 PM

I have a 1999 Avalon and found several years ago that Toyota has what they call a " Technical Bulletin" out about the suspension system problems inherent in this model. Unfortunately, I found out a few hundred miles after the warranty was out and neither Toyota nor the dealer Cavender Toyota helped me. In fact they told me a few times they could hear anything. The car is very noisy expecially in winter or when the car is cold. I have a friend who has a 1998 Avalon and she has the same problems. She put new struts on the rear recently. I recently replaces all four struts and three engine mounts that were worn/broken. While the car feels better and rides quieter it still has noises I haven't been able to isolate after several years of trying and having mechanics try as well. Sorry I can't help identify your noise but I had to tell you you are not alone. I will not buy another Avalon and maybe not another Toyota. Mine was made in Kentucky.

Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado
Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Replace Tie Rod End