RUNS ROUGH WHILE IDLING IN GEAR

1995 Toyota 4Runner

janciaux

April, 14, 2008 AT 1:10 PM

1995 Toyota 4Runner 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 125000 miles

My 4Runner runs very rough occasionally while the vehicle is in gear and idling (i.E. At a stop light). Also, while accelerating, it seems to miss badly at around 2700 rpm. If I accelerate from there, it starts running stronger, but if I hold it close to that rpm, it will continue to miss. Further, (and I realize that this is a different problem) the transmission overheats and spits tranny fluid out all over the back of the vehicle whenever I pull my very small fishing boat for over an hour at highway speeds. (55-65 mph) When this happens is it better to turn the overdrive off and slow down a bit? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Running Rough

Idles Rough/changed Ects

Jack42

April, 14, 2008 AT 3:16 PM

It is a bad sign when an auto trans spits out fluid. Yes the OD should be off when towing. The misfire. When was the last tune up? What parts did you use? Is th echeck engine light on? If so have the PCM scanned for codes