Tire pressure light

SZALKUSKT
  • 2011 SCION XD
I have the tire pressure light flashing. Assuming I have 4 good sensors, is there something I can do to reset the car's computer to the pressure sensors? I am just looking for simple things I can do to reset the flashing light and see if that fixes the problem before I have to take tires off the rims etc.2001 Scion XB with TRD rims. I recently bought the car and it wasn't flashing when I bought it and prior to selling it the seller changed the two front tires.I'm sorry but my car is actually an XB not an XD.
Sunday, January 12th, 2020 AT 10:33 AM

KASEKENNY1
The fact that the light is blinking means there is a system issue. Unfortunately just resetting the module will more than likely not resolve this. We need to start with what codes are in the system and go from there. I attached a lot of info about this system including diagnostic steps to figure this out. More than likely the light is blinking in a pattern which has a meaning but just scanning the system with a scan tool will result in the codes needed to figure this one out.

Let me know what codes we have and we can go from there. Thanks
Sunday, January 12th, 2020 AT 3:18 PM
SZALKUSKT
I have an OBD2 code scan tool and I am getting an "ERR" message. My scan tool works on other cars but for some reason I am getting an ERR message on this car. I am not sure why. Is this car OBD2? 2011 Scion XB.
Tuesday, January 21st, 2020 AT 6:21 AM
KASEKENNY1
Yes. This is an OBD II car. All cars since the mid 1990's are OBD 2.

As for the error message, check with the manufacturer of the scan tool because that normally has a specific meaning but it varies on tool. Usually it means there is a communication issue with the ECM but let's double check that because if we chase that and its not what it means for this tool then we will just waste time.

If it is then we need to trace the wires from the DLC to the ECM. I would just ohm them out from end to end and see what they are. If you have an open on the pink or grey wire then that is the issue.
Wednesday, January 22nd, 2020 AT 7:08 PM

Sponsored links