BRAKE LIGHTS

2007 Suzuki XL7

bengals54

November, 2, 2008 AT 7:00 AM

2007 Suzuki XL7 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 43,000 miles

I have a 2007 Suzuki XL7. One brake light went out and I forgot about it. After a few weeks the other brake light went out. I went to have the bulbs replaced and they said it was not the bulbs, that it was electrical. Everything else works perfectly, but I have no brake lights. My son couldn't find a fuse problem. Of course we couldn't find a fuse marked for the brakes. I just can't see how it is electrical when everything else works. Also the top brake light works on the rear of the car.

mmprince4000

November, 2, 2008 AT 7:29 AM

Check for 12V at the brake light connector. Make sure the lights are grounded and there are no black/burn marks on the housing.

If you have to, pull fuses one at a time and check with a multimeter, until you find a bad one.

jennw2ns

October, 18, 2010 AT 11:39 AM

I am having the same exact issue with my Suzuki. What was the outcome of your issue?

pdaddywhit

December, 13, 2012 AT 1:08 PM

I also have a 2007 XL7 and the drivers side brake light went out and I changed the bulb and it still is not working? Don't want to spend tons for an issue that could be done from home?

DRL Light Bulb Replacement
Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX
Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon