2007 SUZUKI XL7 BRAKE LIGHTS

• bengals54
  • 2007 Suzuki XL7

2007 Suzuki XL7 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 43,000 miles

I have a 2007 Suzuki XL7. One brake light went out and I forgot about it. After a few weeks the other brake light went out. I went to have the bulbs replaced and they said it was not the bulbs, that it was electrical. Everything else works perfectly, but I have no brake lights. My son couldn't find a fuse problem. Of course we couldn't find a fuse marked for the brakes. I just can't see how it is electrical when everything else works. Also the top brake light works on the rear of the car.

Sunday, November 2nd, 2008 AT 7:00 AM

• mmprince4000

Check for 12V at the brake light connector. Make sure the lights are grounded and there are no black/burn marks on the housing.

If you have to, pull fuses one at a time and check with a multimeter, until you find a bad one.

Sunday, November 2nd, 2008 AT 7:29 AM
  • jennw2ns

I am having the same exact issue with my Suzuki. What was the outcome of your issue?

Monday, October 18th, 2010 AT 11:39 AM
  • pdaddywhit

I also have a 2007 XL7 and the drivers side brake light went out and I changed the bulb and it still is not working? Don't want to spend tons for an issue that could be done from home?

Thursday, December 13th, 2012 AT 1:08 PM