You will nee a four post lift for this operation.
Procedures and pictures below.
Note: This procedure must be carried out using a 4-post ramp.
1. Raise and support the vehicle.
2. Detach and reposition the steering gear.
3. Raise and support the front end of the vehicle on the No. 2 crossmember.
Position two 4 in. X 4 in. Pieces of wood between the No. 2 crossmember and the lifting device.
4. Remove the front wheel and tire. For additional information. Refer to Wheels and Tires.
5. CAUTION: Prevent the stabilizer bar ball joint ball pin hexagon from rotating. Failure to do so may result in damage to the stabilizer bar ball joint boot.
Detach the stabilizer bar connecting link.
6. Detach the strut and spring assembly.
7. Caution: Prevent the lower ball joint ball pin hexagon from rotating. Failure to do so may result in damage to the lower ball joint boot.
Detach the lower arm.
Vehicles without camber and caster adjustment cam bolts
8. Remove the lower arm.
Discard the lower arm front and rear retaining bolts and lock nuts.
Vehicles with camber and caster adjustment cam bolts
9. Remove the lower arm.
Discard the lower arm front and rear lock nuts.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Friday, August 31st, 2018 AT 3:34 AM