Windshield Wipers do not work

SNOWCARSKIER
  • 2002 SUBARU OUTBACK

All wheel drive manual

both the passenger side and driver side windshield wipers are not working. When I turn them on I only hear a very faint clicking noise of a motor and when I move the blades manually (with care off) they move loosely. The motor seems to be working properly, but could the locking system of the blades and gears be stripped?

Monday, December 14th, 2009 AT 7:51 PM

MHLOUTBACK
  • 2005 SUBARU OUTBACK
  • AWD
  • MERGED

Rear wiper inoperable.

Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 AT 3:49 PM
MHLOUTBACK
  • MERGED

Rear wiper inoperable, would like to know about relay location, how to test relay, and how to get to rear motor if motor is inoperable?

Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 AT 3:49 PM
KHLOW2008
  • MERGED

There are no relays but the rear wiper wiring system is part of the Body Integrated Unit ( center of dash).

Check for battery voltage at light green wire to rear wiper when operated. If battery voltage is available, test the rear wiper motor.

Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 AT 3:49 PM
FRANID
  • 2003 SUBARU OUTBACK
  • MERGED

Multiple problems with electrical failures, both steady and intermittent, such as:
Rear windshield wiper stopped working about two years ago.
Only one speed on the windshield wiper has been working for about two years.
Speakers in the door panels work intermittently, driver side nearly always works, but passenger side will not work, then suddenly come on for no apparent reason, then go off again.
Dash lights would go on and off intermittently, different ones at different times, now, all but the tachometer light is off all the time.
Twice my cruise control just quit working in the middle of use. Can you help?

Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 AT 3:50 PM
  • MERGED

You will have to check connection at speaker. For other problems you will have to have a professional scan for codes see If brings anything up. It cold be a ground issue so check battery to body, engine to battery, and engine to body.

Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 AT 3:50 PM