2001 SUBARU OUTBACK REMOVE & REPLACE AUTODIMMING COMPAS

• tcorris
  • 2001 Subaru Outback

Interior problem
2001 Subaru Outback 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

The auto dimming compass rear view mirro that came with the Subaru has stopped working. I have purchased a replacement but I can't figure out how to remove the old one. I saw a few posts that suggest that you rotate the mirror counterclockkwise 180 degrees but that didn't seem to work.

I have the complete instructions toinstall the new - I just need to know how to remove the old one.

Friday, June 20th, 2008 AT 12:38 PM

• Jack42

Does it mount to the glass or the roof above the window? If above window, there is probably a cover over the bolt/screw holding it, if on windshield there should be a set screw holding it

Monday, June 23rd, 2008 AT 4:52 PM
  • tcorris

You're kidding me right? That's an answer - look for a screw! You didn't even bother to check to see if the mirror mounted to the glass or the frame. I donated $5.00 for an answer that my 10 year old grandson already suggested - look for a screw. You guys are pathetic!

Tuesday, June 24th, 2008 AT 12:01 PM
  • Jack42

Do you think I keep an 01 suabru for reference? I Googled it, looked through my software, and could not find anything regarding the removal of the mirror. Maybe it is one of those things that if you can replace it, you should be smart enough to figure out how to remove it. Or not, you never know. Sorry you dont like the answer, btw how does it mount? Did you try turning it the other way? Dont insult my intelligence due to the fact I dont know how to remove the mirror on a Subaru. Maybe you should pay someone (it will be more than $5) to do it for you

Wednesday, June 25th, 2008 AT 7:21 AM