CAR STARTS, THEN STALLS IN 10 SECONDS

• randallxski
  • 2010 Subaru

I have a 1995 Subaru Legacy AWD wagon (2.2L) with 190,000 miles. I just (yesterday) had the clutch replaced, and I drove the car today. Now when I start the car, it runs for 10 seconds, then stalls. If I give it gas, I can keep it running for a longer time, but still cannot drive it.

The engine sounds like it's starving for something like gas or air. The air filter is very good. I suspect the fuel filter or fuel pump, but don't know how to tell. Any suggestions?

Tuesday, August 21st, 2007 AT 6:39 PM

• rasmataz

Try to duplcate the problem when it does happened immediately check for spark by disconnecting a plug wire and grounding to the engine while cranking it over-do you have spark. No spark this is where we start. Got spark we go to fuel. Etc

Tuesday, August 21st, 2007 AT 6:48 PM
  • randallxski

Thanks for the suggestion. It ended up being a vacuum hose that was disconnected around the air filter.

Tuesday, August 21st, 2007 AT 8:29 PM