BATTERY

Subaru

jasamc

June, 9, 2007 AT 6:15 PM

New person here with what is probably a dumb question - my son took our 2000 Subaru Legacy (105K miles, all original equip) to WalMart, parked the car, came out 15 minutes later to a dead battery. No warning whatsoever. I take him to work, grab a bite at Subway, get back to Walmart, and the car starts. Battery seems a tad tired, but not dead - starts up on one turn of the key.

Is this something that I should be concerned about? Has this happened to anyone else before? I checked the battery cables, but they were tight and none corroded.

I have never heard of a battery recharging itself in a parked car, so anything any of you can tell me would be great.

Not Charging Battery

Battery Will Not Charge

kin chan

June, 9, 2007 AT 8:38 PM

If the total time is loner than 15 minutes. High resistant cable, starter cool of resistant drop and u've got enuff amp and voltage --> it start. Very simple physic. Take it to a shop and have the starting system do a voltage test
good luck bro

M_H_RITZEL

June, 16, 2007 AT 8:59 PM

When the battery died did you have any lights headlights? Or was the whole system dead. A battery will recover to a certain amount while sitting. I just wonder if you had headlights it could be in the starter. Have the battery checked along with the charging system.

Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement
Alternator testing done right