MILEAGE OR CARE

2000 Subaru Forester

wtw6

March, 23, 2008 AT 8:54 AM

2000 Subaru Forester 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 150000 miles

I am wondering if it is better to buy a car with high miles (150,000) that looks clean and has a history of being well taken care of with one owner, or to buy a car with low miles (114,000) that you are not sure about. I am thinking of buying these cars on line and won't have a chance to test drive them. So as the subaru forester is concerned, is mileage or care more important? Thanks

merlin2021

March, 23, 2008 AT 8:58 AM

Both cars are high mileage! I would NEVER buy a car without seeing and driving it first. It's a sucker's bet!

blackop555

March, 23, 2008 AT 10:01 AM

Dont buy online unless you can get to it to test as merlin said.

Try performing a VIN number search on each of them to see if somethings not being told to you.

What you thinking bout paying for them.

wtw6

March, 24, 2008 AT 6:21 AM

My problem is that I live in utah and the foresters here are on average 2000 dollars more than the foresters back east in VA, PA, and Main. I am thinking of paying 5-6000 for one that has around 100, 000 miles. I currently drive a subaru gl with 250000 miles on it, so I know subarus can go far, but I just don't know if it's wise to buy one on line with that many miles. I know the concern with buying online, but it's the AUTOtrader and they seem to have really good deals. I can contact the seller, which are usually dealers, so are there questions I can ask them? What should I look for if I do go out there? P.S. Thanks for the advice on the subaru 1988 coolent sensor. I replaced it and she runs like new! - BIll

blackop555

March, 24, 2008 AT 2:03 PM

Try contacting the dealership, if they have a website check it out.

Ask for the mileage, anything thats wrong with it, and a VIN number to run a search on it to see if thers something hes not telling!

Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado