SMOKE A LOT AND SMELL BURNING OIL

2003 Nissan Altima

Hend2110

May, 28, 2014 AT 12:32 PM

I have 2003 Nissan Altima 2, 5s smoke a lot and smell burning oil. Check the spark plug all wet except no: 3 look dry. Compression tested (cold engine) and the result are, no1: 160, no2: 159, no3: 160, no4: 161. Open the exhaust manifold all wet just no: 3 dry. Open the catalytic converter look good no clog. Take off the cylinder head and check the valve steam look dry on valve part inside the exhaust and intake manifold. Now I am confusing. What you think my car problem burning a lot oil from. Ring piston or cylinder head. Please give suggestion before I am do something else. Thank you so much.

98 Leaking/burning Oil

Uses Oil

hmac300

May, 28, 2014 AT 12:37 PM

What do the pistons look like? Are they wet /dry or carboned. If wet it may be rings but your compression sure looks good so I think not in that respect. Besides to really test rings you need to do a leakdown test. I'd check the valve seals as I'd be t that is the problem. Especially with the miles on it.

Crankcase Ventilation System
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Corolla
Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW 5 Series
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet