This code is related specifically to the Hydraulic Control System of Shift Solenoid Valve A and A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valves A and B or Problem in Hydraulic Control System. This will require a scan tool to inspect and diagnose the issue. If this is the only code that is stored, the pressure control solenoid valves A and B along with the shift solenoid valve A will likely need replaced. If these components do not repair the issue, the transmission will likely need replaced.
Record all freeze data and review General Troubleshooting Information before you troubleshoot.
If code P0730 and P0780 are indicated, perform troubleshooting for P0780 first.
Keep these replacement solenoid valves on hand:
- Shift solenoid valve A
- A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valves A and B
1. Check whether the OBD II scan tool indicates another code.
Does the OBD II scan tool indicate another code other than P0730?
YES-Perform the troubleshooting flowchart for the indicated code(s). Recheck for code P0780 after troubleshooting.
NO- Go to step 2.
2. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
3. Replace the shift solenoid valve A and A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valves A and B.
4. Reset the PCM memory with the PGM Tester or by removing the No. 13 fuse in the passenger's underdash fuse/relay box for more than 10 seconds. Perform the idle learn procedure. If fuse No. 13 was removed, perform the power window control unit reset procedure.
5. Drive the vehicle for several minutes in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears in the [D] position.
6. Recheck for code P0780.
Does the OBD II scan tool indicate code P0780?
YES-Replace the transmission.
NO- The problem has been corrected.
Let me know if this helps.
Monday, May 4th, 2020 AT 9:29 PM