2004 Saturn Vue sputtering

NLICHT74
  • 2004 SATURN VUE
My 2004 saturn vue has been running rough while at idle. The rpms jump up and down then dies. It starts right back up. It has been a few weeks and has gotten worse. I had my fuel line cleaned as it was plugged before this problem began. It has now worsened that I press the gas down and it doesnt want to speed up. Doesnt happen always but got real bad last two days. Putting fuel cleaner makes it run fine for a day or two. Please help
Friday, February 26th, 2010 AT 7:30 PM

Hesitation, lack of acceleration, chugging, bogging, etc.

Inspect and test all the following listed below:

Oxygen sensor.
Catalytic converter.
Fuel injectors dirty/sticking.
Mass airflow sensor/Airflow meter.
Throttle position sensor.
Manifold absolute pressure sensor.
EGR Valve
Fuel pressure regulator leaking or defective fuel pump.
False air leakage.
Fuel contamination.
Foul/defective spark plugs.
Open spark plug wires.
Ignition coil/Coil packs defective.
Incorrect ignition timing.
Cap and rotor.

Note:If it doesn't apply disregard.
Friday, February 26th, 2010 AT 8:43 PM
SCOTTY DEE
Hey nlicht74! Does the check engine light ever come on? Do you keep track of your fuel economy? If so, have you noticed a change in you MPG?
Friday, February 26th, 2010 AT 8:49 PM
NLICHT74
The check engine finally came on and I struggled to make it to work luckily I was two stop lights away. The light blinked three times but now stays on. I went on in the afternoon and started fine actually engine sounded better then before. Drove around the parking lot with no problem then parked it. The check engine light stayed on. I really havent noticed the gas mileage dropping as I do pay attention. It slowly has gottne worse but when I add Lucas Fuel cleaner it seems to give no problem for about half a tank a gas. The other weird part is when Im driving it starts to slip and that got real bad yesterday. I think transmission but yet why would it struggle when its in park. Could be two different problems I guess
+1
Sunday, February 28th, 2010 AT 11:14 AM
SCOTTY DEE
Next step, have the codes retrieved and write them down. We're making progress!
Sunday, February 28th, 2010 AT 11:33 AM