REPLACING HIGH SIDE HOSE

1994 Saturn Sport Coupe

jojo2799

June, 28, 2010 AT 5:33 PM

Air Conditioning problem
1994 Saturn Sport Coupe 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 200000 miles

I've been trying to recharge the ac system. Whats happened is I went to charge it up and the low side hose started to leak? So I replaced the low side hose then went to recharge again and the High side hose started to leak? Now I am getting ready to replace the high side hose and starting to wondering if there is to much pressure in the ac system and causing the hoses to puncture. So should I let the pressure out and how would I do that before recharging with the kit they gave me.

Thanks, Johnny

merlin2021

June, 28, 2010 AT 5:46 PM

Best bet is if you are having this much trouble, take it to a qualified A/C shop, by Federal law, the system needs to be vacuumed out and freon captured to a tank. This will also tell you if there are any leaks. Recharging with the charging station is the BEST way to fill the system. You cant get a proper charge into the system with the hand held gauges.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple