TRANSMISSION PROBLEM2001 SATURN SL2 4 CYL FRONT...

2001 Saturn SL2

tmaxx698

April, 22, 2010 AT 4:13 PM

2001 Saturn SL2 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 125000 miles

I put a new valve body in my tranny because it was slamming in reverse and now that I have the new valve body in now I do not have reverse and drive. When I try starting the car it will not start in park only neutral what am I doing wrong?

saturntech9

April, 22, 2010 AT 4:40 PM

When u put the valve body on did u hook the shifter linkage back up to the valve body?Let me know.

tmaxx698

April, 22, 2010 AT 6:34 PM

No we forgot to hook it up but we have another issue. When I pulled the new valve body back off and noticed that the shifter linkage was not hooked up I inspected the body and noticed that on the back side of the valve body there is a plunger that had almost fell out and when I checked the old one and it was spring loaded. Is it supposed to be spring loaded?

saturntech9

April, 22, 2010 AT 7:28 PM

That's what I figured u forgot to hook up the linkage. Can u please post a pic of this plunger so I can see exactly what ur talking about thanks.

tmaxx698

April, 22, 2010 AT 7:47 PM

I'm sorry but I don't have access to a camera at this time I appolagize

saturntech9

April, 23, 2010 AT 12:31 PM

Heres a exploded view of the valve body and transmission see if u see that part in the diagram if u do let me know what number it is.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_2001_transmission_exploded_view_1.jpg

bweymer

May, 27, 2012 AT 4:27 PM

Changed erg valve, transmission valve body, fluid, and filter. And still hard shifting in all gears. 2001 SL2. No engine lights on. And ideas? Does TCM reboot itself?

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang