SPEED SENSOR PROBLEM?

1999 Saturn SL2

Bernard 2k10

September, 26, 2010 AT 8:28 PM

1999 Saturn SL2 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 234000 miles

I just bought a 99 saturn SL2 1.9L this car runs real good but while drivig it, I noticed that the check engine light was on and the RPM's were going up and down and the speedometer does not work. I had the codes pulled at a local auto parts store and they said it was the speed sensor. I replaced the speed senor and the the vehicle is still doing the same thing. I think I replaced the output sensor in the front of the transmission by the srew on transmission filter. Does this vehicle have an output and a input filter and if so where is the other sensor located? Any suggestions?

saturntech9

September, 26, 2010 AT 9:01 PM

The sensor by the transmission filter is the input one. The output sensor is by the drivers axle where it come's out of the transmission. What are the code number's you are getting?

Bernard 2k10

September, 26, 2010 AT 10:15 PM

Ok, The codes are PO722 (speed sensor low input) and PO522 (Oil pressure sensor circut condition) might be affected by the engine speed or possible oil pressure switch/sensor defective.
I changed the oil/oil filter and the transmission filter when I got the car.

saturntech9

September, 26, 2010 AT 11:33 PM

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_1999_SL2_code_P0722_1.jpg

I couldn't find any code P0522 listed for your car i would double check and make sure what the actual trouble code was.I also emailed you the trouble tree for P0722.

Bernard 2k10

September, 27, 2010 AT 1:20 AM

Thanks for your input, I will try your recomendation.