LOUD VIBRATION @ START-UP AND DECELERATION.

1996 Saturn SL2

ehlin

August, 17, 2010 AT 12:41 AM

Noises problem
1996 Saturn SL2 4 cyl Manual 90000 miles

My car has a loud vibration that sounds like it is coming from the engine towards the passenger side floor board. The vibration is worse at times and sometimes non-existent. It tends to always vibrate whenever I start my car and the RPM's are higher while the car warms up. It also vibrates more during left turns than right turns. If I am driving on the highway and suddenly decelerate the vibration is very bad unless I shift into nuetral in which case the vibration is much more subdued.
I've had people tell me everything from vacuum leaks to engine mounts, or my transmission. Please help me.

saturntech9

August, 17, 2010 AT 2:11 PM

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_1996_saturn_upper_mount_1.jpg

Check that mount your engine is different i know but the mount is the same.See if it's torn or colasped from what you describe it should be pretty easy to spot if that mount is bad.

Engine Mount Replacement Chevrolet Cavalier
Engine Torque Mount Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Air Filter Replacement Ford Taurus
Air Filter Replacement