1995 Saturn SL2 Brake and Reverse Lights on trunk not worki

CHELSEEGIBSON
  • 1995 SATURN SL2
1995 Saturn SL2

I have a 1995 Saturn SL2 and the other night a wire harness in the trunk came unplugged while loading some stuff. The brake and reverse lights (on the trunk) don't work, but I couldn't find where to plug it back in. I looked all through out the trunk and over the internet and can't find where it's supposed to plug in to. Please help!
Friday, August 28th, 2009 AT 3:50 PM

DLWSR300
  • 2 POSTS
You've got to take your torx screwdriver and remove the tail light lens. You'll the three sockets' wires joined by a common plug. There's a single fat wire coming out of the fender with a plug. The sockets' plug and the fender's socket should be joined.

If you've been driving the car with the sockets unplugged for a while now, you might need a new tail light socket assembly. Water gets in there and corrodes the connections.
Tuesday, December 21st, 2010 AT 9:15 PM
DLWSR300
  • 2 POSTS
Also try checking on the saturnfans. Com. It's got a couple of DIY experts in there.
Tuesday, December 21st, 2010 AT 9:19 PM
SATURNTECH9
  • MECHANIC
Look behind the carpet on the left side of of the trunk it should be there.
Thursday, October 18th, 2012 AT 4:08 AM

Sponsored links