COMPUTER PROBLEM1994 SATURN SL2 4 CYL FRONT ...

1994 Saturn SL2

ninahope81

May, 4, 2010 AT 10:18 AM

Computer problem
1994 Saturn SL2 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 135000 miles

The car wont idle on it's own. Have to keep pressure on the gas pedal for it to stay running. Fuel pump seems fine.

saturntech9

May, 4, 2010 AT 12:36 PM

How does it start and run otherwise besides ur idle concern?Let me know.

ninahope81

May, 4, 2010 AT 1:27 PM

It flutters when you have the cruise control on once and awhile. The main engine fan doesn't work. The air conditioning lines have been removed but the main unit is still running off the serpentine belt. And if I plug the air conditioner power in the fan runs but I don't know what that will do to the car.

saturntech9

May, 4, 2010 AT 1:56 PM

Ok over by ur under hood junction box on ur a/c line there is a high/low pressure switch screwed into ur a/c line. It has a light green and a light blue wire going to it. Remove the little saftey lock on the connector if its still there then unplug the connector. Now with the engine at idle jump those two wires together at the connector with a paper clip does the radiator fan come on?If it does then replace the coolant temp sensor its the bottom sensor with a yellow wire and a black wire going to it screwed into the head below where the upper hose hooks to the head. Inspect the connector going to it if tis corroded then replace the connector too. Make sure u get a brass tipped sensor the plastic tipped ones crack. The sensors are only like 10. Let me know what u find.