COOLANT LEAK

2002 Saturn SL1

rouleb

July, 25, 2010 AT 12:07 PM

Engine Cooling problem
2002 Saturn SL1 4 cyl Automatic 130000 miles

I have a coolant leak. I changed the hoses about 2 weeks ago but only after about 500 miles it is leaking again. I do not believe it is the radiator because the leak is " further back" -about tire depth from the front of the vehicle. What could be other sources of the leak? Water Pump, Mainfold, etc. The car does not run hot. I lose maybe 3 or 4 fluid ounces from the overflow resevoir about every 50 miles.

saturntech9

July, 25, 2010 AT 12:40 PM

Is it on the passenger or driver's side this leak?All so have you checked to see if the coolant cap is good with a bad coolant cap you will loose coolant.

rouleb

July, 25, 2010 AT 12:46 PM

I would say more to the passenger side. I'll check the cap but nothing is coming out of the overflow. Thanks for the suggestion.

saturntech9

July, 25, 2010 AT 1:54 PM

Passenger side I would say the water pump could be leaking. You could always rent a pressure tester and pressure test your cooling system to pin point the leak or put some coolant dye in the system to find it.

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Hoses and Thermostat Replacement
Radiator Hose Replacement - Upper - Chevrolet