2002 SATURN SL1 COOLANT LEAK

• rouleb
  • 2002 Saturn SL1

Engine Cooling problem
2002 Saturn SL1 4 cyl Automatic 130000 miles

I have a coolant leak. I changed the hoses about 2 weeks ago but only after about 500 miles it is leaking again. I do not believe it is the radiator because the leak is "further back"-about tire depth from the front of the vehicle. What could be other sources of the leak? Water Pump, Mainfold, etc. The car does not run hot. I lose maybe 3 or 4 fluid ounces from the overflow resevoir about every 50 miles.

Sunday, July 25th, 2010 AT 12:07 PM

• saturntech9

Is it on the passenger or driver's side this leak?All so have you checked to see if the coolant cap is good with a bad coolant cap you will loose coolant.

Sunday, July 25th, 2010 AT 12:40 PM
  • rouleb

I would say more to the passenger side. I'll check the cap but nothing is coming out of the overflow. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sunday, July 25th, 2010 AT 12:46 PM
  • saturntech9

Passenger side I would say the water pump could be leaking. You could always rent a pressure tester and pressure test your cooling system to pin point the leak or put some coolant dye in the system to find it.

Sunday, July 25th, 2010 AT 1:54 PM