MY CLUTCH ISN'T WORKING

2001 Saturn SC1

cfolsom

December, 8, 2009 AT 8:06 PM

2001 Saturn SC1 4 cyl 82000 miles

I have been able to put the clutch into gear but when I mix the gas with the clutch it grinds like it is starting to bit but then stopping.

When I went out today the problem was worse. The car didn't want to go into gear at all.

Do you think I need a new clutch or is something else wrong?

cfolsom

December, 8, 2009 AT 8:07 PM

[quote=" cfolsom" ]2001 Saturn SC1 4 cyl 82000 miles

Do you think I need a new clutch or is something else wrong?[/

saturntech9

December, 8, 2009 AT 10:37 PM

When u say it doesn't go into gear what does it do grind?The more details the better. Also is the clutch pedal hard all the way down?Let me know.
Louie

cfolsom

December, 9, 2009 AT 2:46 PM

[quote=" cfolsom" ][quote=" cfolsom" ]2001 Saturn SC1 4 cyl 82000 miles

Do you think I need a new clutch or is something else wrong

The pedal is staying firm and the clutch grinds

saturntech9

December, 9, 2009 AT 7:02 PM

So if ur sitting at a stop no gas does it grind trying to put it into every gear?
Louie

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions