96 Saturn SL2 died

KTNHELLHOLE
  • 1996 SATURN

The car was running fine, I was driving along and it just died. Now it won't even turn over. Nothing. When I turn the key the insterments light up, radio works, headlights work. Battery has 12.5 volts fuses seem to be fine. Ignition switch changed, same result. A friend suggested the starter but, would that make it just quit? Any sugesstions would be welcome

Tuesday, February 7th, 2006 AT 6:16 PM

JACK42

Check the small wire on the starter. You should get 12 volts when the key is in the crank position

Wednesday, February 8th, 2006 AT 3:05 PM
PEPPERMRJ

What He said.
Power will flow from the ignition switch thru either the neutral/park safety switch (Automatic transmission) or the clutch safety switch. Look at the appropriate switch for your model and the wiring.
Good hunting. Let us know what you find. :)

Wednesday, February 8th, 2006 AT 6:26 PM
KTNHELLHOLE

Sorry it took so long to get back in here. The starter turned out to be bad when tested at autozone. Put in a new one, and away we went. Thanks for the suggestions

Sunday, March 5th, 2006 AT 5:19 PM