COMPRESSOR

2002 Saturn L300

matthew1676

June, 3, 2010 AT 5:00 PM

Air Conditioning problem
2002 Saturn L300 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 112000 miles

My a/c is not working. I have checked for power to comp but none. Checked all fuses they turned out fine the charge was about 50 (low side) on one of those kit guages. Compressor clutch does not engage what so ever. The light does come on when the a/c button is depressed. Any tips or hints to lead me to next step. Also is there a low pressure switch on the unit and is it possiable to jump any of these safetys? Also is there a way to check or jump to engage the a/c clutch

June, 4, 2010 AT 9:21 AM

Power the clutch form the battery and see if the clutch engages the compressor if so find the AC relay and test it

matthew1676

June, 6, 2010 AT 4:04 PM

Jumped out compressor from battery nothing, do have power frow harness? Is it possiable the just the clutch is bad or is the compressor shot? Again o2 l300

June, 6, 2010 AT 4:33 PM

The magnetic clutch is gone-doing that should make the clutch engage the compressor

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML